In high school, students also have the opportunity for different "Off Campus" learning experiences. Explanations of each of these are listed below:
- Green Certificate - this is an agriculture based program for students who live or work on farms or farm operations. Students will earn 17 credits toward their Alberta High School Diploma!
- Work Experience - this is for students who are already working (paid or volunteer) and wish to gain high school credits for time they are already spending at a job. Students can earn up to 15 credits toward their Alberta High School Diploma
- To learn about the Work Experience program (facilitated through Palliser Beyond Borders) and to Pre-Register, click HERE.
- RAP (Registered Apprenticeship Program) - The The RAP program is an Alberta Education initiative allowing students to begin their apprenticeship training in any of over 50 apprenticeable trades while still in high school. RAP students earn a fair wage, up to 40 high school credits and hours toward their chosen apprenticeship.
- Click HERE to go to the Careers: Next Generation website to find out more about the RAP program!
If you are a student who is wanting to do some career exploration over the summer, check out the programs and camps that Careers: Next Generation is offering in summer 2017!